Friday, August 21, 2009

Feeling Good

I have only been riding eight weeks and I have already lost 20 pounds and one inch from my waist. I am stoked! The town I live in is very hilly, but there are some flat spots to be had. I generally ride the hilly areas twice and then a flat area for a day to give the old legs a break. This system seems to work well for me. I bought my wife a bike the other day. Saturday will be our first ride together. I am excited about it.
The other day I was flipped off by a couple that had to be at least 65 years old. I guess I just held them up to long. It is amazing to me the number of people who are ignorant of the fact that my bike has just as much right to the street as their mini vans,trucks, cars and suvs. Some folks get really peeved. That's why I ride armed. Sad commentary there isn't it? Well back to work. Keep riding.

1 comment: